I’ve just found an awesome podcast called The Essential Oil Revolution , and it has some really interesting information. Not only on Young Living products but also about health for your body!
The most recent one I listened to was about having a healthy thyroid. Now if you listen to the podcast you will get more of the scientific information on it but I’m just going to give you the key points I took out of it.
First off, I had heard all the talk about a healthy thyroid but I never really knew what it really meant. I thought that it only affected a few people, but I was so wrong!
Your Thyroid is located near your adams apple and it helps to control your metabolism and keeps your body healthy.
If you have an under functioning thyroid, you will get symptoms of…
- Weight Gain
- Continuous yeast infections
- Decreased immunity
If you have an overactive thyroid, you will get symptoms of…
- Difficulty sleeping
I have just listed a few that were mentioned on the podcast, but I’m sure there’s probably many other symptoms also.
Isn’t it amazing that such a small part of the body, plays host to a much bigger job!
So what do you do to keep your thyroid healthy? Here’s a list of things you can do…
- Stop eating foods with bromide in the ingredients. This is mainly in a lot of baked goods and plastics. And it affects the thyroid by building up inside the body
- Get plenty of iodine into your body! Apparently like many things today, we are all extremely lacking in iodine. Iodine is relatively high in leafy greens, seaweed and kelp.
- Eat good quality brazil nuts. These are high in selenium, and you will only need to eat one nut a day! (I could handle this!)
- Don’t eat soy products (unless it is fermented) as this messes with your oestrogen levels
- Try to mainly eat organic foods if you can
- Stay away from plastic items as much as possible. (We’ve already heard what BPA can do to our bodies).
- When buying new clothes, make sure you wash them throughly before wearing. You know that tag that says “wash before wear”, well it’s not just for cleanliness. Clothes that have fire retardants on it can affect your body as it will be absorbed through your skin
- You can start taking Young Livings Thyroxin which will help with a healthy thyroid function
- Also Ningxia Red, which is already an amazing drink in itself will also help!
- Every day apply Endoflex and Myrtle with a carrier oil onto your thyroid and adrenal glands
Of course if you want to know more check out the podcast! It is an amazing show, and I have really enjoyed listening to it while I do my folding.
Want to learn more about Young Livings amazing essential oils, and get a free e-book?