I bought an Easiyo yoghurt maker a number of years ago, before I ever got my thermomix. It was great at the time! I would buy the pre made powdered packs from the supermarket and then make them up at home. They weren’t a lot cheaper then other yoghurts, but they did taste nicer then the tub yoghurts.
Once I bought my Thermomix I found out how easy it was to make yoghurt using it. But then I didn’t want my Easiyo maker to go to waste. So this is how this recipe came about!
This yoghurt only costs approximately just over $1.50 for 1 litre of yoghurt, so it is very cheap. It’s also so creamy and thick that even without straining it, it’s similar to greek yoghurt in consistency.
- 800g full cream milk (my family use Farmers Own non-homogenised)
- 70g milk powder
- 40g Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract or Paste
- 200g of yoghurt starter (for our first batch we used Jalna Sweet and Creamy)
- Place in the Thermomix bowl the milk, milk powder, vanilla extract and sugar.
- Set timer to 25 mins, 90c, speed 3.
- Once done lift out the thermomix bowl and place it on the bench with no lid, so that it can cool down.
- You want it to be cool enough so that no lights come on the temperature buttons.
- Once cool enough add the yoghurt starter.
- Set timer to 20 mins, 37c speed 1.5
- Meanwhile boil your kettle for boiling water
- Pour in the boiling water only till it comes to the top of the hole
- Put the lid on while your yoghurt is still cooking
- Once yoghurt has finished cooking, put it in a 1 litre Easiyo container and then put it inside the incubator for 8 hours (give or take an hour)
Yummy Thick Creamy Yoghurt!
Note: Keep reducing the milk powder by 10g each new batch until you use none