So I’m quite a frugal person, but I actually wasn’t always like this. I was used to getting everything I wanted growing up, and always had the “top brands” of food.
My husband still mentions to this day about how he married me for my Fruche’ yoghurt! I was an only child most of my life, so it was easy enough for my mum and dad to give me whatever i wanted.
My husband on the other hand grew up with two other siblings. So he had grown up eating nearly all meals home cooked, and most of the time these food items were “no name” brand. So I think his upbringing has rubbed off onto me with having 3 kids of our own!
Well I had 3 peaches on the bench that were starting to go bit wrinkly so I knew i needed to make something with them before they started to go mouldy and furry!
I just made this jam up on the spot using the plum jam recipe that is in the basic thermomix cookbook as the inspiration.
- 260g Peaches
- 180g Pear
- 350g Jam Setting Sugar
- 20g Lemon Juice
- Cut the peaches up around the seed (you don’t need to remover the skin)
- Cut the pears up around the core
- Now weigh everything into the Thermomix
- Set the Thermomix to 100c 60mins and speed 2
- When there’s 10 minutes remaining take the MC lid off the top to let the steam out
- Now your jam should be ready, but to check do the frozen plate method
- Make sure your jar is clean, sterilised and hot before putting the jam in
Let me know how you go either making this jam or making a similar one with different fruit!